Thursday, June 13, 2013

Turning the page


Tomorrow, I turn 30.
I tried to write down what my brain was processing and it just wasn't working but I realized I'd been listening to music all day that has meant something to me over the course of these years. In moment that would seem strange to anyone else but me, I found myself listening to two mice singing.
The song "Somewhere Out There" has always resonated with me for some reason. Actually, since I was a little kid, this song made me cry.  It did today too.
It's such a simple song from a kid's movie, but it's so hopeful. I can't think of a song that is more hopeful and so full of love actually. I knew that even when I was kid, even if I couldn't articulate it.
All I've done this week was think about the people I love and whose love I feel in return. In all honesty, I've been thinking about this for the past few months as I've completed "I Laughed Too Hard." In my book, I write about how I believe life is nothing but the people who are in it. In that respect, I've never been more grateful for my life.

"Somewhere out there, someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there
And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star."

So as I sit in my office and cry like a little girl while two mice sing, I'm so thankful. Tomorrow, that number on my age changes but that love in my life will not. I'm at a place in my life where I am comfortable with who I am, who I have in my life and what I'm doing with it. I want to celebrate that. But none of that matters without the love I feel from near and far. So if you're reading this, somewhere out there, wherever you are, thank you. I love you too.


No comments: