Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Inhale

I am on the cusp of something great.
You know that moment right before it starts to rain? You can almost feel the clouds collectively inhale before letting go of everything they have been storing up inside them. That's what I feel like right now. I'm living in an inhaling cloud that's about to let go. 

In less than a month, I will turn 30. That's not scary to me in the slightest. In actuality, it's rather exciting. A new phase of life! I'm ready. About a month later, I release my first book through Amazon and Kindle. A celebration of the first Act of my life, I'm going to be able to articulate in a digestible form what I've learned from becoming myself. There are elements of fear wrapped up in that as well but the good kind of fear. The kind of fear that's a motivator and not a hindrance.The summer is full of being able to see most of the people in my life who I love and that seems daunting for some reason but so potentially fulfilling as well. That and I have someone new to share all of this with. Perhaps that's the most exciting thing of them all.

There's something about letting go and letting life happen. We work hard to control what we can control about our schedule, our future plans, and our dreams, but when you have worked so hard to put things in place and it's all happening, taking your hands off the wheel for a moment and letting life's cruise control take over for a minute is incredibly freeing. It's no secret I like to be in control, Janet Jackson and I have that in common, but I'm ready to let go of the wheel for a minute.
I'm ready to let the clouds exhale and just bask in the rain for a moment.

No comments: