Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chapters

I posted on Facebook a few days ago that I was deep into writing my first book and it has a target date of June 2013 to be released. There was a dual purpose to posting that, as there is for most Facebook posts.
The first purpose was to let people know I was doing it. What does it matter if I write a book that no one reads? So this makes sense to say to the people I'm connected to online, "I am doing this to share my life with you."
The second purpose was more personal. I'm stuck now. Now that I've proclaimed to the world I'm doing this, that means it has to happen. I don't want to look like a fool and being someone that's been a part of the journalistic world, deadlines have always been an important part of my life.
So there is it. Short and sweet. I'm a writer, I'm writing a book and I have a deadline.

The next five months of my life are going to be a really incredible time of evaluation, decision making and striving for becoming the best version of myself that hasn't existed yet. With so much happening, so many irons in so many fires, and so much sleep that will be forgone in favor of bringing to fruition the things I've wanted for years, I hope to look back at the first half of 2013 as the six months that I completely changed my life.
It's not going to be easy. It's going to require a lot of being truthful with myself, truthful with others, and time spent on work that could have been spent on play. But that's how we do things isn't it? We dreamers? We have to. I don't want to say that I became complacent during the tail end of 2012, but I did become comfortable. On the one hand, becoming comfortable is a good thing. It means I accomplished what I wanted to and found a groove doing it. Now, it's time to be uncomfortable again.

It's with a heavy heart that I begin this march toward turning 30 but, it's going to be the best thing I ever did.

No comments: