Monday, December 31, 2012

Another new year

2013 is coming and unlike my usual New Years Eve, I'm lying in bed, doing nothing. That's because I've got a severe case of mono that's effectively shut my world down, prevented me from flying home and will keep me in Texas for another week...in bed. 
No New York City night for me tonight. Just chillin, wishing I could swallow without being in extreme pain. 
Such a lovely thing to read I'm sure. 
But there's a silver lining to this story. Yes, there is. In the past week, I have lost 13 pounds. It's laughable really, the concept that I actually did that. But that's what the scale says. So there's one New Years resolution that's already in effect and the clock isn't even close to midnight yet. 
Silver linings are important and I think, for me, that's what I'm going to focus on in 2013. Yes, I have quite the list of goals for 2013 and I look forward to knocking every single thing off that list. But really, when things don't go as planned or surprises arise that make life less than simple...I'll just remember to look for the silver linings. If silly Rihanna can find love in a hopeless place, then surely, I can find something redeemable about a seemingly less-than-ideal situation or two. 
And really, all I have to remember is that in 2013, I've got it pretty great: I'm not Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's baby. That's hope enough for me. 

No comments: