Friday, June 22, 2012

Pounce

The bullying thing hit a new low this week as an elderly woman was harassed to the point of tears on a bus in upstate New York. I'm sure you've seen the video. It's horrible. The worst form of young humanity represented for all the world to see.
People have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars so this woman can take a much needed vacation and the school has said that the boys will be punished, but ultimately, what has really just blown my mind in this whole thing is this woman herself. Karen Klein deserves some sort of a medal. I couldn't even make it through the first three minutes of this video of her being harassed. She put up with it every day? How?
And maybe this is where I leave my Christianity at the door, but those boys deserved to have their faces kicked in. I would not have put up with that. Not even once. It would have been a Mean Girls moment - I would have turned into a human-panther, pounced and not stopped beating their faces in until they were unable to speak for themselves.
I feel the need to say here - violence is never the answer...unless you're writing a screenplay.

Then, of course, there are the residual idiots from this story. Rather than being horrified by the fact that they are raising hyenas for sons, the father of one of the boys, who is 13-years-old and fully aware of the decisions he is making to call this nice woman these profane things says, "My family’s received death threats. He’s a 13-year-old kid. It was a stupid mistake and he’s paying for it but I just think it’s a little out of control."
Is it? IS IT?

Moral of this story: Don't have children. Violence is never the answer. I will pounce on you.

No comments: