Monday, April 9, 2012

Crushed

I have some bad news. News that has dampened my day and inserted a Charlie-Brown-style rain cloud above my head.
My Twitter crush is off the market.
I'm not really sure what to do in this situation. What does one do when your Twitter crush, the person you have day-dreamed about, the person you've drawn stick-figures holding hands in non-proportional hearts on notebook paper about, the person you've seen randomly on the street and wondered if they were aware of your all-consuming (albeit fictitious) digital crush on them. How does one rebound from that?
As I'm clearly still working through the stages of grief in this situation, I have some comforting words. Take it from me friends, one that has made it through the fire and can see the parting sea in front of me. There's hope.
First, you must remind yourself that you don't actually know this person. You've created this in your mind and there's not actually a break-up taking place. This is the hardest step to get through because it requires you to fully commit to the fact that you are, in fact, a dummy.
The second step...actually...there's not a second step. Just the one. Again...dummy.


No comments: