Monday, February 6, 2012

First you take the mallow...

 
Roasting marshmallows is one of my favorite things on Earth and I don't really know why. I love it so much actually that a few years ago, we did that instead of a cake for my birthday. There is just something fun about setting sugar on fire and eating it.

 The fact that we can do that at a restaurant in Manhattan is just the icing on the cake. Granted, we pay handsomely to do something so simple - but in the heat of the moment, it's very fun. We didn't do the smores thing this time, but we did dip the mallow into the chocolate.

I do love good random friends. My bud Dom was here auditioning so we ran around the city and ate far too much.

 One of the reasons that New York is the best city in the world is the availability of anything. How about a night of your favorite Broadway performer singing music from Hair, Ben Folds and some acappella gospel? What about a medley of Beyonce songs complete with a rap cameo from Lin-Manuel Miranda from In The Heights? What if all that happened while looking out over the New York City skyline and Central Park? Flawless. This is why I moved to New York and why I don't plan on leaving.

Brunch on Sunday. There was something beautiful to me about this hotel set up. Retro enough to feel that way but modern enough to not feel dated. You may or may not be seeing this hotel show up in the magazine soon. Just saying.

I live in the greatest city on the planet, something I'm reminded of on a daily basis. It's humbling and exciting and scary and wonderful. But more than anything, it's a constant adventure, and that's the best part.

No comments: