Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Diet

I love Cream Soda. I always have and while I no longer drink regular soda (or even diet soda that much anymore), I tend to have a bottle of diet cream soda in my fridge. Part of that is a defense mechanism because if I'm craving something sweet, I can usually make the craving go away with the soda.
Here's the thing. I don't like soda in the morning. Some people wake up and the first thing they do is drink a soda. Some people are that way about their coffee too and you know I love my coffee, but I need my body to wake up a bit before I can go pouring coffee into it. If I don't wait, it upsets my stomach. I'm not sure why and I'm choosing to believe it's just a quirk...
Anyway.
I wake up this morning, tired because I'm mentally exhausted right now, and I start my routine. First stop? Bathroom sink to brush my teeth. So I'm getting ready, I turn the water nozzle and nothing comes out. The water has been shut off in our building for some reason. Okay...
You should know that I have to brush my teeth before I do anything in the morning. I have to have a clean mouth before I can feel presentable to anyone. I'm looking around, no water bottles anywhere, no water in the faucets, the only thing I have is...yes...diet cream soda.
So I brushed my teeth and had a diet cream soda rinse afterward to get the toothpaste out of my mouth. That. Happened. I'm nothing if not resourceful I suppose and while I didn't have that Orbit 'good-clean-feeling' afterward, it did the job I suppose. I'd like to believe that every time I'm resourceful in cleaning my teeth, a baby dentist gets their Red Bull wings.

1 comment: