Friday, October 14, 2011

Pure joy

Today has been such a strange day but kinda incredible.
See, as busy as I've been, I have had these small bursts of pure joy. That's the only way I know to describe it. And it wasn't like they were the bi-product of some sort of life-changing moments. But they were moments.
Like, a text message auto-correct incident that left me crying from laughing so hard. Or a package of moose poop from Alaska (not making this up folks - context is irrelevant). Or a song that made me have that Julia-Roberts-in-the-back-of-the-taxi-at-the-end-of-Mona-Lisa-Smile-moment. I've had a handful of those moments this afternoon. How about an email from a friend in Europe? Or a random conversation with a random new friend? Or the thought of an evening out? Or a cupcake with a finger in it (again, context is irrelevant but it did happen). Or the image of two people trying to pull my boots off during Homecoming a year ago. Joy.

So I don't know what tomorrow brings but I do know that today has been full of little pockets of pure joy and perfect metaphorical trumpet bursts of elation. The weather is gross outside but it doesn't seem to matter. It's been a beautiful day. 

This blog about joy is dedicated to Lisa and Ryan, two people that today, I miss so much I can't breathe.

No comments: