Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life lessons from television

On Happy Endings tonight, one of the characters decided she needed a "vision board" in order to visualize what she wanted in her life. Sorta this metaphysical approach to mind-over-matter. A silly plot line perhaps, but I think I do the same thing, I've just never done a board to explain what I want out of life. I'm a goal setter, but yet I never really put things on a board to look at them. Cue my night's project.


In counter-clockwise order from the top are the things on my personal digital vision board. Happiness, a new look, hope for a new day, making my dreams come true, the friends I love, seeing things I've never seen before and the promise of love.

Hokey perhaps, but exactly what I want in life. Doing this, it made me really have to think about what I want out of life. It was a really interesting exercise in having to analyze myself and be as truthful as I can be about it, I actually encourage people to do it more often.
So there. I have a "vision board" now and I have Happy Endings to thank for this seemingly pointless evening that really made me think about the things I want out of life. And the board may seem silly but as Penny said, if it's good enough for Oprah, it's good enough for me.

No comments: