Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I don't like...

I don't like the way I eat popcorn. I don't. I'm a shoveler and no matter how hard I try to stop, when I eat popcorn, I am shoveling fistfuls into my mouth, opening wide like I'm some sort of deranged fish and it's wildly unsettling. I know I'm doing it too and I can't help myself.
It's kinda like my facial expressions. As much as I would like to think I am in control of expressing how I feel about something, I'm all-too-often reminded I'm not. My face is a dead giveaway. You can read exactly how I feel about something with just looking at me which is sad to me. I don't have the ability to be stealth with my emotions. If we were playing a game though, I don't really have a tell, I have a good game face, but in real life, there it is. Just look at my face. I guess that's a good and a bad thing though.
It's bad because I can't hide when I think what you're doing is foolish. It's bad when I can't hide that I disapprove or that I'm uninterested. Then again, it's very Miranda Priestly of me huh? Being able to tell people with just a look what I think? That's kinda a fun way to look at it.
But ultimately, yielding that kind of power is more a curse than a blessing and I wish I had a better poker face when it came to real life. I also wish I had the ability to not lose my mind and develop stress-eczema over my inability to gracefully eat popcorn. But I can't. So I will stick to eating popcorn in the dark of the movie theater where no one can see me and the calories don't count.

No comments: