Monday, October 31, 2011

The 700 Club

This is my 700th post on my blog. That's weird. It just seems like I've said so many things on here, most of them said over and over again probably.
It's also Halloween, which is a crazy night to be in New York. So many people everywhere dressed up as all sorts of things. That means I watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Garfield's Halloween special, as is my tradition. It's important to relive childhood memories as an adult because it keeps us grounded in the reality that it actually is the little things that matter.
It's also the night we release the new issue of BLEEP Magazine, which isn't a little thing at all. It's our sixth issue and it's hard to believe that we have been at this for a year, but we have been. It's been a year of BLEEPing and it just seems to continue to get bigger. That's amazing to me.
I'm at a loss for words. I always feel this way when I'm releasing a new issue. It's my version of stage-fright. I get the pre-release-jitters. It's terrifying, putting yourself out there like that. It's terrifying putting yourself out there in any way isn't it? I mean, is there anything more un-nerving and scary than putting yourself out there? I don't think so. The magazine is like that. I am just putting myself out there for the whole world to see and judge.
So tomorrow starts November and a new issue of myself put out there. It's scary and important and intense and terrifying. But the reward is more than worth the risk. Because what is life-well-lived if not a series of risks-fully-taken?
So here, my 700th blog entry over the past however many years I've been doing this. It's been quite a ride and today has been quite a day.

No comments: