Thursday, September 8, 2011

My sleep number is all off

I'm sleeping differently.
I know, that's a strange statement to make on a Thursday but I am. For the past few nights, I've been physically sleeping in a different position than I've ever slept in before. It's caught me off guard.
You know how everyone sleeps a little differently? Some are side-sleepers, some are stomach-sleepers, some are back-sleepers, whatever - well I've always been a right-side-sleeper, meaning I need to be on my right side to get any rest. But for the past few nights, I've been a left-side-partial-stomach sleeper and I've slept better than I have in months. What is happening to me? There has been some sort of metaphysical change inside of me and it's manifesting itself in my sleeping position. I have no idea what my sleep number is anymore. Everything has been thrown off.
But the flip side of this sleepy coin is that I've slept better the past few nights than I have in months. So whatever's going on has been a good thing in my life.
This is making me rethink all kinds of things. Like, the way I put on my shoes. Maybe I should be doing that differently. What if it makes me walk a different walk? Maybe I should start brushing my teeth in the shower as opposed to at the sink. Perhaps I should grow my hair out. Maybe I should take a chance on a piercing. I'm really gonna have to recalibrate what's going on in my world.
One thing's for sure. Things are not going to be the same. In Kansas, I am not anymore. See! I'm even talking like Yoda which isn't like me either. So much is changing.

No comments: