Sunday, September 25, 2011

Judy fail.

Did you know that Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is from the Judy Garland film "Meet Me in St. Louis?" It is. I love finding out little tidbits of information that don't really matter but are fun to pull out of nowhere when the time comes. It makes you seem smart and lets face it, who doesn't like seeming smart?
I can also report that I did not like this film.
At all.
I was in a boredom coma until she started singing that song, but really, that's where things picked up the pace. Cut to deranged child running outside into the show, attacking large snow people with a stick while ugly crying. Really folks, that's what happens.
Sometimes, we watch old films because we have to. We feel like if we don't, we won't understand the culture that we came from or something. I think that's fair for some films but really, this one, however doted upon it may be, really just wasn't good. Just because it's an old film that Judy Garland is in doesn't mean we need to fawn over it right?
I mean, one day, will we fawn over every film that Jennifer Lopez made? Doubtful.

So the Sunday afternoon of old movies didn't so much turn out the way I thought it was going to. Mostly because the movie was bad. Yes. A Judy Garland movie is bad and I'm saying it publicly.

No comments: