Monday, August 8, 2011

Shift

I just felt my mood crash.
I'm not really sure what happened but it did. It crashed. I find myself sitting at my desk, staring at this computer screen, trying to figure out what happened and how I can rebound from it.
It's a strange feeling really. Feeling your mood shift. I don't consider it a mood-swing really because I never felt anything swing. But I did feel a shift. Kinda like I'm an emotional game of Tetris and a giant block just shifted and fell in the wrong place, messing up the flow of my day.
I've always been moody and anyone close to me will tell you as much. Actually, they'd probably say that I had more mood swings than a teenage girl. (the precious people that they are...) I've kinda grown out of that, so much so that I'm taking notice of the fact that I was in a perfectly wonderful mood ten minutes ago and all of the sudden, it shifted.
You know when you've done everything right? I mean, I had a great weekend, got plenty of rest, met new fascinating people, had stimulating conversation, got loads of work done on the magazine, had my coffee this morning, blah blah blah...but still. Something fell through.
I don't need pity and I don't need a remedy either. I'm just gonna go for a walk, listen to some Christmas music and work through it. But it just makes me wonder why we have mood swings...I mean shifts.
Everything I've read about it says it's because of a hormone inbalance but I'm not so much a fan of that reason because I haven't done anything today differently than I have on any other day. Why today?
Just thought I'd vent a little. The weekend really was great, I live in the best city in the world, I'm buying new clothes because I'm shrinking...I don't have a single thing to complain about. Except that for some reason my mood shifted. And see, I'm so good at Tetris usually...not as good as I am at Lightning Rounds. I am so good at Lightning Rounds. I even had a psuedo-creative-design-renaissance when it comes to the magazine this weekend and I couldn't sleep last night because all I could think about were the people and features in this upcoming issue that I can't wait for people to discover.
Eh. Life goes on right? Just gotta keep on playing the game and trying to make the right decisions. The blocks will fall back into the right places eventually.

1 comment:

Rando Blogs said...

I know what it is. Carb deprivation!