Friday, August 12, 2011

Must be talkin to an angel

I'm usually listening to music right? I mean, I don't function well without it on in the background so, today at work, as I do every day, I had some music on in the background. Well, an Annie Lennox song came on and it made me want to listen to my favorite Annie Lennox song, "There Must Be an Angel." But I love the reason why it's my favorite Annie song.
When I was young, I mean, really young, my parent's would record stuff from the Disney channel for me to watch. And watch it I would. Over and over again, just like we all did with the things we loved on TV when we were 3 or 4. Well, one of the things that was recorded was this Disney Valentine's Day special where they had taken clips from Disney movies and basically made music videos behind current (at the time) songs. One of those songs was this Annie song and I have always remembered it. They took the little cherubs from Fantasia and stuff and made this video and I loved it.
I've loved the song ever since and wouldn't you know it, I found the clip on Youtube. It's so awesomely 80's and I still love it.
I just love when things from our childhood come back into our lives and we are able to relive them. It's such an innocent type of joy. A simple type of joy. And we all know it's the simple things in life that are the most meaningful.
So this brought me to life this morning.

No comments: