Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The change

Bob Dylan said 'the times they are a-changin' and then Peter, Paul and Mary said 'the times they are a-changin' and then Paul Simon said 'the times they are a-changin' and then the narrator in Anchorman quoted Bob Dylan saying 'the times they are a-changin.' We get it. They're changing.

I woke up this morning and felt that. There are times in my life when I just know something is about to change and it's going to be a big deal. I don't know if I have an eerie sixth sense about this sort of thing or if I'm like the zoo animals that could sense the earthquake was coming before it happened or if I'm like my leg.
Yeah, my leg. I broke it when I was younger and there is still some hardware in there from when they had to put humpty back together again. Well, when the weather changes, the metal in my leg acts up and I can feel it. So while you probably get your weather information from weather.com, you should probably just be asking my right knee instead.

But the change I'm talking about isn't a weather thing, though that's certainly happening too. Fall is coming gang and I couldn't be more excited about it. No this is a different change entirely. Though I'm not quite sure yet what it is. But that's not important. Something is changing and I'm ready. I just watched Chocolat again and I just think it's one of the more beautiful films that too many people haven't seen. In it, Juliette Binoche comes to a new town with the changing of the winds and leaves again, it's very Mary Poppins of her. The point is, she feels a change is coming and she allows her life to change accordingly.
So while I may not be eating a lot of chocolate right now, and I may have watched He's Just Not That Into You after I watched Chocolat (for reasons that are my own), I feel a change a-comin. I get excited about this kind of stuff. When you're young, you fear change but as I've gotten older, I've realized just how great change can be.
So I'm ready. Just like all the crazy people on top of that building in Independence Day. I'm ready for a change.

No comments: