Sunday, July 10, 2011

The second weekend in July: the photos that prove it happened

 Even the billboards know what Christmas in July means to me!

 If ever there was a delicious summer drink...El Centro never fails me.

 Yes. I've seen it. Read my previous blog to know what I thought.

 Please understand that the sign says "Bruce Lee in Casual Wear." Comic books stores in Manhattan are fun.

 The overhead view of Union Square on a Saturday.

 I love this photo. Just everything about it.

 "5000 light years to Birdland but I'm still preachin' the rhythm." - This is dedicated to a certain SING act that I love more than anything / the people I love more than anything who hate it.

 If you look in the center of the '1,' you can see the Statue of Liberty.

 These two photos go together. We are standing in Battery Park looking at the Statue of Liberty, there's a breeze blowing, the water is crashing on the dock, and I'm standing over this vent. As the water crashes underneath us, it would shoot a pillar of air up through the vent: hence the following photo when the air was blowing my shirt and glasses into the air. Yeah, I'm owning it. It happened.

 For my Peas.

 My favorite place.

 This is for Holly because it reminded me of when we swam in the fountain in front of Buckingham Palace. This was in Columbus Circle so it's no where close to the same, but it made me think of Holly.

In case you can't read it, that thermometer reads 78 degrees. It's July. I love New York.

No comments: