Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God help America

I'm horrified about the state of our nation. While everyone is on Facebook talking about the verdict of a murder case, I'm watching Toddlers and Tiaras and I'm here to tell you that the problem with America does not lie in the judicial system acquitting people for lack of evidence, but in the fact that there is enough interest in dressing toddler-aged girls up like Madame Alexander dolls.
I mean, did someone somewhere decide that their American Girl doll would be more fun if it was alive and pooped glitter? Why does this exist?
And why is everyone on the show southern? I will admit that I haven't seen any episodes of this show except this one and when Kathy Griffin went to one to make fun of them, but it doesn't shock me that these women would be southern. That's coming from someone who is from the south, but come on. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.
Ultimately, this concept is setting feminism back about 100 years. Why do these women condone these girls to put on fake tans, fake hair, fake teeth on their girls and having them walk around on stage like plastic people. Then you've got these girls who are four years old, have the thickest country accents you've ever heard, and who are (for lack of a better term) complete bitches. I don't plan on having this problem, but if I ever had a daughter who threw a temper tantrum, slapped me in the face and threw juice all over the hotel room - I'd send her to live with my mother. That would end real quick.
Prettiest hair? What are these categories?  I just can't get over this Glamour Shots version of real life that these girls are being put through. Total disconnect from reality and now, after seeing this, I understand why foreign people hate Americans.

No comments: