Thursday, June 30, 2011

Violet! You're turning Violet Violet!

The flavor 'berry' is a cop out. I truly believe that. There's nothing authentic or definitive about the flavor 'berry.' I think it was just something that candy makers and fruit Roll-up flavor creators settled for because they couldn't land on a real flavor. Is it strawberry? Is it blueberry? How about raspberry? No? It's non of those? I've got it. How about we just name it 'berry.' Then it can be the every-flavor.
This purposeful lack of definition irritates me which is surprising because I don't really care for definitions all that much. I mean, do we really need a word to define us? Yes, I've moved on to talking about people and not artificial flavors. I believe that people should be themselves, no matter what that may be. Because listen, not everyone is going to be a fan of you. Trust me, not everyone is a fan of me. I'm loud, I don't self-censor and I've been told on more than one occasion that I can be intimidating. This will come in handy one day when I have nieces and nephews that I don't want to throw up on me. (Though I should mention here that when I'm on a date or something, I try not to be loud, I do self-censor and I try not to be intimidating. Just thought it should be mentioned)
Being inauthentic isn't fun for anyone. It's not fun for you because you know you're hiding your more authentic self behind the veil of whatever it is you're appearing to be and it's not fun for other people because they are missing out on who you really are. (that and they're gonna be pissed when they realize you were full of wickedness and lies the entire time you were pretending to be someone you aren't)
Speaking of artificial flavors, I do really love the vanilla flavor in Tootsie Rolls. You know the packs that have multicolored rolls in them? The vanilla ones are great. As are the orange ones. But I think that's as authentic as a Tootsie Roll can get right? No one is really looking at them to be actual chocolate morsels. We've got Cadbury for that (that's right gang. I like Cadbury better than Hersheys. This is a moment of honesty).
Moral of the story? Truth is truth and 'berry' is a sham. Be your authentic self. And yes, I really do like Cadbury better than Hersheys.

No comments: