Friday, May 27, 2011

The week that was

I would like to walk you through what I've learned this week, on basis of the songs that just played in a row on my internet radio. (Yes, this happened and was just as awesome as it will sound)

From The Bottom of my Broken Heart (Britney) - I recently wrote about the fact that I my heart broke. I'm happy to say that it's on the mend. That post actually caused me to get quite a few texts from people, once again reminding me of the really amazing people in my life.

My Heart Will Go On (Celine) - What a great rebound some from the first one huh? Plus, there's no one that can get me going and get me feeling awesome like Celine. I feel like a good Celine ballad is just the anecdote to a crappy day. I mean, when she hits that last chorus, it's like the metaphorical mental clouds part and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I give myself a good beat on the chest, sing with her and move forward victorious. Don't you?

Candy (Mandy Moore) - This song serves as a good reminder. See, I've got this sweet tooth, as so many of us do, but I'm trying to repress mine so that I can slim down...and it's working. But that doesn't mean that I don't still want it. There are days when that's not a problem...and then there are days that 'I'm cravin for you...I'm missin you like candy..."

Waiting for Tonight (JLo)- The American Idol Finale was this week and while you know I gave up Idol after Pia was booted, I was sure to watch the finale (mostly to see Pia sing again). It was interesting to watch a finale of a show that I didn't have an vested interest in and made even more interesting by the fact that this was the first Idol finale that I didn't care about in some way. And you know what, I don't think I would have missed much had I not watched it. Though, I must give her credit, Mark and GaGa falling off the cliff, that was pretty great.

Kiss From a Rose (Seal) - Well that's just a great song.

You Learn (Alanis) - Aren't we all? Learning. Every day this week, I think I've learned something new. How to be patient, how to be impulsive, how to go with the flow. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new.


I'll Remember (Madonna)- What a perfect song to encapsulate this week? This week, we said farewell to Oprah's show and all that she brought into our living rooms each day. Now you know, if you've read even a few posts on here, of my love for Oprah and the power that she has to change people's lives. Daily, I try to harness that same power in my own life, working to create something I can be proud of when I go to sleep at night. Not only was her final episode perfect, but it was a poignant reminder that a steady, truthful voice on television will not be heard daily any longer. She was a lot of things, but a seeker of knowledge and truth is what, I feel, epitomizes her the best. I like to believe that I am that same way. Seeking out the validation of my motto, and this blog's namesake. Truth is truth. 

No comments: