Friday, April 1, 2011

My Oprah moment for today

You know I love a full-circle moment. I'm very Oprah in that way. Well, just now, I've had one.
When I woke up this morning, I had a song stuck in my head that had no business being there. "She Wolf" by Shakira. Why that song would be in my head when I woke up in the morning is beyond me, but it was there and the entire way to work, I had to keep myself from howling on the train.
Well, just now, eight hours later, I'm in my office and my office-mate is listening to some music on his computer. What song comes on?! Yes. It did. Why would that song come on? Who listened to that song? Of all the songs in the world...why that one? But there it was.
I just love when things come full circle and you don't have to do anything to make it happen. Even if it is that dreadful ode-to-Tejano-Twilight that she sang. The one good thing that came from that song was the video where she was in the cage and she showed the world that no one, and I mean no one, will out-bend her. She's the MOST bendy. Pheobe's got nothing on her.Other than that, nothing good came from that...well, now this full circle moment has. So something good did come from it. Glass-half-full people! Glass-half-full.

No comments: