Monday, April 18, 2011

I've got a problem

Please understand that what I'm about to say is highly controversial and not to be implemented before talking it over with your doctor. Girl Scout cookies are the missing food group.
You know, I've been so good the past few years. I haven't had a Girl Scout cookie in, literally, years. But now that I work in an office, I've found that I'm privy to officey-type things...such as buying cookies from a coworker. So I did as every responsible coworker does and I bought three boxes of Samoas...God's cookies. 
So the next week, I decided that I would go and cut the carbs out of my life right? Sexy by summer and all that crap. Well, the cookies arrived today...problem.
Big problem.
See the other thing about Girl Scout cookies is that they're meant to be eaten a box at a time. You know it's true. Don't act all healthy on me here. These cookies are meant to be eaten a box at a time. Put a box of Thin Mints in the freezer for the night, pull them out and start eating them and tell me I'm wrong. Next thing you know, you've taken OUT that box. It's GONE. And you know what? We don't feel bad about it do we? No. It's like a sugary badge of honor and we can't wait to be awarded that honor again tomorrow. That's just how it goes with these. 
So they're a problem in my life. Usually, I just have five big problems in my life, but now, I have 8...well, 7 and a half. I stopped myself once the box was half empty...oops. 
So really, they should be their own food group. And now I'm gonna have to work out or something all night long to feel alright about myself because I've been trying so hard to stay away from evil foods (basically everything that's delicious). Sure, I crack and I cave...usually once a week. Could it be that I've already caved for this week? Could it be?! Nah. 

No comments: