Monday, February 21, 2011

She's the tops

We all know that I love Britney more than other entertainers - BUT - I think, it goes without saying, that Celine Dion is the top entertainer alive today.
That's right. I said it.
Having seen her on television, on tour and in Vegas, I'm able to say that she and the team behind her are able to put on a better show than many of the younger pop stars combined. She's perceived as this "older" entertainer that only engages with the elderly or something, but the reality of it is that she's only 42. She and Jennifer Aniston are only a year apart. And there is no one in show business that can pull off the spectacle and vocal perfection of a live performance like Celine.
But the other thing about her is that she is able to connect to people of all ages. When I saw her in concert a few years ago, I went with my group and we were surrounded by people that not only were from all different age groups but were from all over the world. She has the unique ability to attract an audience that no matter if you're young, old, gay, straight, guy or girl.
Now, she's headed back to Vegas and you can believe that I have marked on my calendar when I can get there to see her. She single-handedly made singing on the Vegas strip something that was cool and not something for has-beens, she's remained at the top of her game since she sang on the Titanic and she sounds every bit as good now as she did when we first figured out who she was. And, as Oprah just said today, she's been on the Oprah show more times than any other person in her 25 year history, and we all know that if Oprah has given someone her stamp of approval...we all should just go ahead and get on board.
So there you have it. I said it. Britney does pop better than anyone, Beyonce does R&B better than anyone, but it's Celine that stands alone above the rest.

No comments: