Monday, February 7, 2011

Listen to me.

You know that episode of Friends when Pheobe keeps telling everyone she has a roommate? Denise? Denise! I talk about her all the time DENISE! And she's mad that no one ever listens to her?
Right. I'm Pheobe. And I'm mad that people don't listen to me.
I've been telling people for months that they need to be listening to Adele's new music. It's been seeping out slowly and I've been telling everyone to go to her music because it's really spectacular on this album.
That was months ago. Now that it's coming out, people are all saying that it's so great and acting like they've never heard anything about it before. False. I have been trying to tell people for a long time now. Proves just how much my friends listen to me when I speak.
You know, I have a pretty good ear for things and when I hear new stuff, I try to pass that information along. It's like doing my civic service as a proprietor of pop culture. The zietgiest means different things to different people and although it affects everyone, there are people who need to be a proponent of it. We pass things along. We keep things going. We keep people in check when they say idiotic things like "Christina sounded great singing the National Anthem." I can't be one of the mindless drones that thinks something is good just because it's put in front of me. I can't say that Nicki Minaj is awesome just because the public seems to think she is. She's not. And yes. The Lost finale was brilliant.
I know what you're thinking. "How arrogant can this person be?" But in reality, it's just that I know what's important and what's not when it comes to pop culture and yes, I'm confident in that. So yeah. I'm a little arrogant. But if people would just listen to me when I tell them things, I wouldn't have to rant like this DENISE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is SO much good in this post, Ryan.... it's unbelievable.
Adele, Christina, Nicki, LOST. all TRUTH!