Sunday, February 6, 2011

How I was able to see the Superbowl

You know that my television isn't hooked up yet.
And it's Superbowl Sunday.
Problem.

So, since my sister understands the importance of the Superbowl, we have worked together to ensure that I can watch the parts that I want to watch, i.e. the National Anthem and the halftime show.
So I'm in New York, mooching off of someone else's internet, hoping the connection holds long enough for me to connect to Skype. That's step one.
Step two is connecting with my sister and her turning her laptop around so that I can see her TV through Skype.
Step three is cringing as Christina does exactly what we knew she'd do...botch the National anthem by too many runs. What we didn't know she'd do was botch the National Anthem by messing up the words. Way to be a superstar. Way to be an American.
But you've got to know that I was just going to watch all of this on Youtube but I started getting texts from people about how bad she was. I mean, I'm glad I'm the go-to person for that sort of thing but it was especially crippling that I couldn't see it. So that is what we figured out. She rewound her DVR and played it for me.
Step four is watching the halftime show live...via Skype.
Because really, that's how we roll. In this family, we stick together. We know what's important to each other and we do whatever it takes to make it work. We Tim Gunn it. Especially when the Black Eyed Peas are involved. They're my Peas. And I love them. And it was like Tron meets the Peas. Which I love. They went there to party and they did just that.
And I love my sister for providing the avenue for me to see this most important of American Athletic Sporting events...and the Peas.

No comments: