Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Can't get you out of my head

Over the past few days, I've been very interested in something and it has everything to do with me. I know, self-centered ol' me. Well, when I wake up every morning, something happens. Get your mind out of the gutter folks. Not that. No, when I wake up every morning, there is a song that I wake up to. Each morning it's different and I've been taking notice of it over the past week or so. It's like I'm living in that Kylie Minogue song.
Why? Why do I wake up each day with a completely different song stuck in my head? Do you know? I mean, it happens to all of us, we all wake up with songs in our head sometimes. Are you one of those people that are then stuck with that song for the rest of the day? If you are, I've found the cure. Well, at least it's what has been the cure for me this week.
See, I wake up with a song in my head, and it's there while I'm showering, it's there while I'm getting dressed, it's there while I'm getting ready to leave. Then, I put in my iPod and walk out the door. The logical choice here would be to listen to anything else so try to knock my subconscious into thinking about something else but that's not what I've done. See, I've listened to that song I've had stuck in my head. Ooh, look at me going against the grain.
Yeah, so I've been listening to those songs as I walk to the train and then whatever song comes next and so on. I haven't been plagued by one obnoxious song against my will since.
So I encourage you to try the same thing. It works. Well, for me at least it did.

No comments: