Wednesday, February 2, 2011

8 seconds of joy

It's the small things in life that mean the most to me.
You know, today has been full of small things that have made me incredibly happy.
The first is a song. Well, not really because a song doesn't technically qualify as a small thing. I mean, some songs are huge songs that contain huge messages or scores or meanings or moments. But this was an 8 second clip of a song. Therefore, it's a small thing. But it's an 8 second segment of a certain Kelly Clarkson song that not only is my favorite moment of any Kelly Clarkson song, but also is this hidden moment in the background of a repeated chorus. It's like a little golden audio nugget that I discovered and it brings me joy. Yes joy. When I listened to it today, it not only made me happy, but filled me with such joy that I started laughing. That's real joy.
The second small thing that happened today was that the almonds that I love more than any snack food on earth were on sale and while that's great in itself, it was ever greater because they weren't marked as on sale. So when I got to the register, she said they were 2-for-1. It was like an eatable gift!
The last thing that happened today is something really special. I moved into my new apartment yesterday and tonight I was busy setting things up. It was at that moment that I realized that the window in my bathroom has the perfect-magazine-sized sill. Yes. It's the perfect sill for setting my magazines on! It's like the window was made for me.
So yes, it's the small things that mean the most to me.

No comments: