Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pop star fails

Why do pop stars get themselves into so much trouble? It's something I've never understood. They have everything in the world going for them and they continue to turn to excessive amounts of drugs and alcohol. I realize they have it readily available to them, but that doesn't mean you have to take it. It's like they sign their record contracts and sign away their self control as well.
Well, AJ is back in rehab. You remember him. He is one of the Backstreet Boys. Well he's back in rehab because of more substance problems. Why? Why can't you get a grip? Especially when you don't have anything better to do. You've got all the money in the world and your band is doing nothing. Get help dude. It's just one of those things I don't really understand. Pop star fail.
Speaking of pop star fails. Have you heard Ricky Martin's new song? I listened to it since Joss Stone sings on it and you know I love me some Joss Stone. Right. It's dreadful. And I don't know if this is supposed to be a comeback foray into American music again but it's bad. Really bad. He looks good and all and has his life together, but come on. And with that simple little video? We don't care for simple. We need something worth talking about. I suppose that since I'm talking about it, perhaps it worked.
But back to the rehab thing. Of course it's a good thing that he's getting help. Of course it is. I just don't understand where it begins in the first place. Perhaps I should be a bit more understanding like I was with the Hoarders thing, but I just don't get this. Especially with people who have nothing financial to worry about. Nothing at all. That's what really drive me crazy in my own life, financial difficulties. So why would these people who have that part of their life so under control, choose to allow another part of their life to spiral so out of control?
All I know is that if Taylor Swift ends up in rehab, there's no hope for anyone and we might as well add into musicians' contracts that they have to attend this rehab for this amount of time in order to be considered a star. You know I love Britney but come on. Build a wall, don't go out as much, behave. Good behavior doesn't lead to stints in rehab. But it does apparently lead to dreadful pop songs by Ricky Martin.

No comments: