Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One step...one step

You know, life is funny sometimes. And sometimes, life really isn't. I'm very much a planner and I like to have things planned out far in advance (just ask me what's going to be in the November/December issue of BLEEP and I can tell you) but sometimes, that's just not feasible. And I don't really understand it when things don't go our way, especially when all signs point to them working out. (Backstory: I had plans, they caved in, I'm starting from scratch)
But I digress. I've been given an opportunity to have a week of rest before I move and start my new job and I'm going to take full advantage of it. All the going, going, going is enough to drive any person crazy and so I'm kinda grateful that I have this chance to rest some.
There's this giant unknown factor right now that I'm oddly at peace about but at the same time skeptical of. I'm skeptical because who knows what the events of the next few weeks are going to look like. I live in New York, I'm used to the hustle but it's usually an organized hustle. A scheduled hustle. But now it seems that the hustle will be on the fly, a little chaotic and certainly unorganized.
I had a moment yesterday, after my plans caved, where something inside of my switched gears and I just had to tackle this problem. For real. It was like something inside of me just clicked into "momentum rejuvenation" mode and I had to find the rational next step. I'm thankful that I have that instinct and I can't sit and stew in my own confusion for very long before it kicks in.
I don't really know what the point of this blog is, other than the fact that I'm hopeful and very interested in whatever the next step will be. Mostly because I have no idea what that next step is.

No comments: