Saturday, January 29, 2011

My new calling

You know you really miss something is when you start dreaming about it and I think it's a sort of surprise really when you realize...wait...I really miss them.
No. I'm not talking about a person. That would make more sense wouldn't it? No, I'm talking about something that's been a part of my life since I was a child. A staple of my existence. Something that people have come to count on when with me. Yes. I'm talking about nachos.
Last night, I dreamt of nachos. The perfect plate of Tex-Mex nachos. It's been only two weeks but I know it'll be much longer until I get them again. I know what you're thinking. It's just nachos. You can get them anywhere. False.
I love food. There's no way around it. And I'm gonna miss Tex-Mex. See. Manhattan doesn't really know how to do Tex-Mex. I've had good versions of what they consider Tex-Mex, but it's not actually that. And they can do ballpark nachos like they invented the concept. But when it comes to using refried beans, cheese and chicken, they just can't figure out how to make those three things sit perfectly on the perfectly proportioned chip.
So I think it's going to become necessary for me to introduce my friends up here to what real Tex-Mex is. I have a mission and I'm going to convert the people in my life. See, there's the Walmart version of homemade Tex-Mex and then there's the real version. I'm going to bring the real version to these folks.
This is my new calling. Tex-Mex parties. To convert the masses. (or just an excuse to make it so I can eat it...whatever works)

No comments: