Friday, January 14, 2011

It's time to play the music...

This picture makes me happy for a great many reasons.
Reason number one. The Muppets are back on the screen. It's about time that the Muppets were back in movie theaters and while there are all sorts of updates and everything about the new Muppets movie, it's nice to see that it's being shot.
Reason number two. Guest stars. All of the Muppet movies are full of celebrities doing cameo after cameo and it's good that this one is no exception. I actually got this picture off of Kathy Griffin's twitter feed and obviously, she's in it. But so is Billy Crystal and she also said Ricky Gervais. Of course there will be plenty more cameos in it since we know that's what we love. People interacting with puppets. The bread of life.
Reason number three. This is perhaps the biggest of the three reasons. On the right hand side of the photo, you can see the puppeteer who is controlling the Muppet. How often do you actually see how they make the Muppets happen? I don't know that I've ever actually seen it. I think maybe once on SNL I saw the puppeteer that was controlling Kermit but that was a cameraman mistake. I love that we can see this guy.
Bring it on. I love the Muppets and today, this made me incredibly happy.
I think there should be more incredibly happy films out there. Perhaps it's just because I've been seeing all the films nominated for the Globes, but it wouldn't hurt anyone to watch something happy.
This clip has made me unbelievably happy since I was 2 years old.



You know I love it when a Muppet goes "oooooh."

No comments: