Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My vote for Best Picture

Here's my confession.
I kinda want Toy Story 3 to win Best Picture at this year's Oscars.
I do.
When I think about it, I think that it was actually the best film I've seen this year and I don't care one bit what anyone thinks about it. I kinda want it to win.
And now Entertainment Weekly has ranked the final scene of the film as the best scene of any film of the year, including the spinning room scenes in Inception. And I have to agree. Has there been a more poignant scene in a film this year? And it's because it delivered on everything that we didn't know that Toy Story promised us. It took this film that everyone loves, and made it come full circle in a flawless way. The more I think about it, the more spellbound I become of it.
So there it is guys. I think that if ever there was a film that Disney could take the top spot with in modern film making, it's this one. Will it win? Probably not, I think Inception will win by default. But I think Toy Story should win. I think it's the most deserving film of the year.

No comments: