Thursday, December 23, 2010

10 Top Ten List Blogs of 2010 - Songs

The Top 10 Songs of my 2010

10.F**K You! by CeeLo - The song was funny and all but it was Gweneth on Glee that made me really love this song. I just think it's funny that he took the phrase that most people write around and just wrote it. And it's incredibly catchy.

9. Glitter in the Air by Pink - This isn't a new song, but it was new to me when she sang it on the Grammys, dangling above the audience. The live version from her tour album is really astounding, and it's just a beautiful song.

8. Dog Days are Over by Florence + the Machine - Her performance on the VMAs was amazing, the song is so catchy and while she may not be the best live (see Katy Perry), her voice is interesting.

7. Commander by Kelly Rowland - Kelly has always gotten the shaft and she's consistently produced good music. This song was awesome and I wore it out.

6. Nightwork by the Scissor Sisters - While I have known of the Scissor Sisters for a long time, it was their album Nightwork from this year that turned me from minor fan to major fan. This is my favorite song on there, but really, it represents the album from which it came.

5. Shark in the Water by VV Brown - Again, this isn't a new song, but it's new to me and I love it. It's got the kind of drive and move to it that so many R&B artists are afraid of.

4. Firework by Katy Perry - I've been having a sort of love affair with her over the past year with Katy, and I liked this song a lot. Then I saw the video and my liking went to loving. I love this song. Pure and simple.

3. Someday by The Black Eyed Peas - This isn't a single, yet, but it's on their new album. It evokes a feeling. There is just something about it that encompasses me and it's my favorite song on their new album.

2. Someone Like You  by Adele - Technically, this song hasn't been released yet, but she sang it on a show in London and it's on youtube, so it counts. It's beautiful, she's sings effortlessly and that's that.

1. Grenade by Bruno Mars - From the moment I heard it on SNL, it has been stuck in my head. Shortly after, it blew up all over the radio and while it's great there, there was something about it live that just made it incredible.

Musical consolation prizes are due to Kylie Minogue whose album I wore out, Nelly's Just a Dream (who thought he'd ever have a hit again?) and Rihanna's Only Girl in the World. She can't sing worth anything but it's a great dance song.

No comments: