Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful for hygiene

I made a discovery about myself today that was more than somewhat surprising. I no longer bite my nails. Really! It's true!
So I'm in the bathroom, clipping my nails. What? It's a part of life? I'm just telling it like it is. So I'm clipping, and I realize that my nails are all raggedy and busted. That's because I'm not biting them anymore. Now I wish I had an awesome reason why I'm not munchin on them anymore. I wish I'd engaged in some "mind over matter" meditations or had listened to Oprah or something. But I have just stopped biting them. I've even been to the movie theater recently, the place where I usually bit them but I didn't there either! It's a miracle!
Maybe not a miracle. Maybe it was just a long-distance osmosis of good hygiene sent from my mother 1500 miles away. Whatever the reason though, it's happened. And that's something to be thankful for, in keeping with the weekend.
I wish I could LDO some of my other bad habits (long distance osmosis...come on) Like, making the cringe face when I see ugly folks. But you know what? That's just my body's natural response to ugly. I can't control that. Nail biting I can control...apparently. Perhaps some LDO could cure my impulsive response when I see a deep fried Oreo stand at street fairs...I can't not get them. I have to have them immediately. Some LDO would be of good use to my waistline.
But anyways, no more nail biting! How exciting. It's the small things that can make you feel so good about yourself.

No comments: