Thursday, November 4, 2010

I still Want It That Way

A wave of nostalgia just blew through my apartment.
The Backstreet Boys reunited on Oprah and are singing I Want It That Way. Has there ever been anything better? Screw her favorite things. This is the best thing ever.
Here's why.
They sold over 130 million albums. That's a lot more than N'Sync. A lot. As a matter of fact, they're the best selling boy-band of all time. And here they are. On Oprah. Singing a very very cool new arrangement of their biggest song. And there's just nothing better.
You know, we live in a culture that's obsessed with youth and all around us are people who are trying to grasp hold of any last remaining shreds of their youth. But this goes to show that you can grow up and still love the things you loved when you were 17. I mean, I remember when Millennium came out. But isn't that awesome that we can remember stuff like that? I mean, I remember where I was when I first heard Oops...I Did It Again. We're expected to remember where we were when big events like 9-11 happened but isn't it awesome that we can remember where we were and how we felt when something important in your own personal pop culture sphere takes place? I love that. I just love that.
And yes. I still love BSB. Just like when I was 15.

No comments: