Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RIP

I love a friend yesterday.
Yes.
I did.
Somewhere between my apartment and the train station, my beloved and absolutely fabulous trench coat fell out of my bag. Though I backtracked to try to find it, I couldn't. It was gone.
But can I tell you, as much as that jacket was the best thing in my entire closet, my first thought wasn't about missing my beloved jacket or being upset about it's untimely departure from my life. My first thought was "Well, it's just a thing."
Sure, it sucks. It sucks a lot. I loved that coat. And no. You can't find them anymore. But it was just a jacket. It wasn't my camera or my laptop. It wasn't my arm. It was a jacket. And it's been immortalized in pictures.
But this is my testament. My love letter to my jacket that was. While you were only just a thing, you were a damn sexy thing.

1 comment:

Mocha said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it was soooo amazing! arghhhh damn itttt