Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One mark hit, one Mark missed

I'm very excited to be able to write this. I'm going on vacation! Kinda.
I'm taking a vacation from being an intern in the city, taking a break from working more than all the other interns combined, taking a break from not getting paid a dime and flying to Texas to defend my final Masters paper and go to Homecoming with my best friends.
I need the break. Badly.
It's not the job that's wearing me down really. I like what I'm doing. It's more of the not-getting-paid thing that I'm tired of. But what can you do? Means to an end right?
So I probably won't be blogging while I'm away...probably...but don't worry. I'll be back Sunday with an arsenal of new things to write about I'm sure.

Before that happens though, can we talk for a minute about how terrible this is?
Mark Salling, one of the dudes from Glee is releasing a solo album (as I'm sure they all will be so they can cash in on this fad before the bubble pops) and it sounds awful. The novelty of the fact that he can (kinda) sing has worn off and now he's doing this indie album that's actually not all that cool at all. It all sounds like one big song, everything is the same. And he can't really sing like this.
He needs to leave the beige and boring pop music to Kris Allen, someone who can really sing. Can you imagine how much better this music would be had it been done by Kris? So much better.
So sorry Mark. Being hot doesn't mean an indie record will work out for you. You aren't Sheryl Crow.

No comments: