Sunday, September 26, 2010

Riverside Drive

I love when things come full circle.
I love it.
Last night, when I was watching You've Got Mail, quoting every line and enjoying an absolutely defining sense of self, I realized that Tom Hank's apartment is only a few doors down from Liz Lemon's.
Right.
Just a few doors down. I love that. I love that two things that I love that are so separate from each other can be so unified. My You've Got Mail obsession began when I was a teenager. I mean, I loved this movie from the time I was 16 years old. Now, 30 Rock is the new obsession and there it is. The same street.
It's no surprise that it's the small things that are so great in life. This is just an example of something that's very small that made me feel really really great inside.
And you know what? I think that we should take every opportunity that we can to enjoy the small things. Sometimes, life is just too big. Sometimes, we are just too obsessed with big things and we need to take a little time and enjoy the View...I mean, the small things. We need to take the moment it takes to process the small things and just let it be. Small things like freshly sharpened pencils...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

at home on a wednesday night, drinking wine and watching crappy 90s romantic comedies is my favourite thing to do when it's cold as balls and I need an excuse not to leave my house. the awning of Tom Hanks' apartment in You've Got Mail! (tonight's pick), looked awfully familiar, and some googling turned up your blog.

i love that random strangers discovered the same thing about a now-obscure film that Liz Lemon I'm sure would have a soft spot for, but would never admit it.

nyc152 said...

Absolutely. I love that.