Thursday, September 2, 2010

The melons!

Sometimes you just need a friend.
Sometimes you just need a good cafe.
Sometimes you just need a good sangria full of fruit.
Sometimes you just need a good laugh.
Sometimes you just need all of these things at the same time.

It's not that things have even been bad recently. Perhaps a little more stressful than usual, but that happens. But there is just something about finding center again, just sitting and being able to let it all out and be yourself. It's rejuvenating really because you can reach a place where you feel like you are running on empty. I hate that feeling.
I always like to feel like I am running on a full tank, may that be energy wise, ability wise or creativity wise. But there are times when you can be running on fumes and that's not a good place to be at all. But tonight just filled me back up again, and that feels great.
(Sidenote: those drinks really were as good as they look. Full of cantaloupe, honeydew melons and grapes. Yes. We'll be going back. A lot.)

1 comment:

Mocha said...

Ryan I love you! I felt the same way, I SO needed our dinner, its was perfect and so were those sangrias!