Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fascination

Someone today told me I am fascinating. Someone that I just met. Someone that I'm not friends with. Someone that didn't have to say it.
I love that.
Not in an arrogant sort of way like "I know I'm so interesting." More in the opposite way because I don't usually think of myself as interesting. Much less fascinating.
Really, what they thought was fascinating was my interest in visual mediums and how they affect audiences. That's what they thought was interesting. I guess I am fascinating by proxy but it was really what I'm studying that blew this fella away.
I mean, he was blown away. That's fascinating to me.
I had a long day. I mean, a really long day and it had no real end in sight. But that really brought a breath of fresh air to someone who really needed it. Yes. I needed it. It made me think that I'm doing something right. As much as I feel (sometimes) that I don't really know what I'm doing with my life and that I may be in over my head, this really showed me that maybe I'm on the right track. So for today, I feel like I'm doing the right thing and that I'm headed in the right direction. For somewhere in my youth and childhood...I must have done something...some...thing...good.
(the picture's just for good measure.)

No comments: