Friday, August 27, 2010

Things I don't understand

There are things in this world that I don't understand. I don't understand why people get so upset over sporting events. I don't understand why people were so enamored with a rubix cube. I don't understand why people think Kevin James is funny. These are all things that I don't really understand. I would like to add two things to that list, brought to your by MSNBC.

First, I don't understand a festival where the
entire point is to hurt tomatoes at each other. Tons and tons of tomatoes. It's the Tomatina Festival in Spain and the point is only to throw tomatoes at each other and then play in the tomato carcasses all around you.
I don't understand that. I mean, it's not that I don't slightly see the appeal. It always feels good to throw something at another person and let's face it, there are a great number of people that deserve far worse than a tomato in the eye. But it's weird right? I mean, look at that picture. That man is swimming in what looks like the remains of dead vampires on True Blood. I don't think that's okay. And can you imagine the insect problem that place must have? I don't care for bugs.

The other thing I don't really understand is what's going on in this picture. I just wrote about the evils of people who spend all their time writing about their pets on facebook. But look at this. This fireman, this American hero who goes in to save people's lives, is spending his time and energy trying to give a cat oxygen. Did I miss something? If that was Dr. Evil's cat, I would understand, but it's not. It's a cat. I'm hoping that there weren't any people around there that could have benefited from that oxygen because for real, that is ridiculous.

So these are two things that I don't understand. I just don't. Add it to the list of things I don't understand along with the appeal of Leah Remini, the worldwide fascination with the show Mamma Mia, and the trendiness of being a vegan. I just don't understand it.
The last picture, I actually understand perfectly. I just think it was too awesome not to include. Way to go Rangers fan. Way to go.

No comments: