Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The natural order of things

I love New York. Really, I do. But I have a bone to pick with this city.
I like to cook. It calms me down, it's peaceful to me and I love it. I like to watch television and cook. In the past, it's been as easy as going to the grocery store or to Walmart and just getting whatever I needed and making it work. It's cheaper than eating out, it leaves leftovers to eat on later, and I get the pleasure of cooking it, seasoning it, etc.
That's because I can find the seasoning in Texas. I can find the salt and pepper in Texas. I have a problem with the fact that I can't find the pepper.
I have real questions about why stores are not kept in any sort of order. I mean, why is cake mix next to chap stick which is next to diapers? Does that make logical sense? No. It doesn't.
And what's funny about this is that the managers who run the grocery store were walking around there today, looking at all the aisles and making comments like "that doesn't make sense to see something so American on this aisle of ethnic foods." Really? That's what doesn't make sense here? That's fine. But the fact that cereal is next to baked beans...that's perfectly cohesive.
You know that this sets my OCD ablaze and all I want to do is go in there are reorganize the store, to the point where I don't know if I can go back to that grocery store for fear of my head exploding. The way they do things...it's just not natural.

No comments: