Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's next?

I seem to be continually looking for something else. I mean, I seem to be subconsciously searching for whatever is next. Yes. I'm talking about television shows.
I am always looking for a new show to watch, a new set of characters to invite in and some sort of new life lesson shallowly derived from scripted dramatizations of other people's imaginary lives.
I started to watch Six Feet Under, I'm about a season and a half into the show and I have to say, it's strange. For those of you who like television, this show is like taking Brothers and Sisters, mixing it with Dexter and adding a layer of True Blood icing on top. What's funny about it is that actors and writers from those shows are all mixed together on this show as well, really, all of those shows sprung from this show since it came first.
I find it interesting that a show about a funeral home can be so full of life. I mean, I guess that's the point right? These people who deal with death who are on their own personal quests in life. There's something beautiful about that.
I've been thinking a lot this weekend about my quest, the journey that I'm equal parts just starting and in the middle of. I'll admit that I'm a little confused as to where I'm at. Not overly confused, I mean, I don't wake up in the middle of the night wondering what I'm doing with my life, but sometimes I think. I think about what I need to do next, what I want to do next, what I wish I could do next, and why those three things don't always line up.
Should they line up? Do I try to make them line up? I don't know and I don't think I'll know until it happens. But stay tuned for the next episode, you never know what could happen next. I know I'm excited.

No comments: