Saturday, July 24, 2010

Consider yourself...

...amazed.
My first real recognition of Oliver! was from the Campbell's soup commercial where the little boy, presumably Oliver, asks the old man "please sir, can I have some more?" Now, I've seen the movie before but I feel like I was really young, so when I found out I could see "the most spectacular production ever," I jumped on it.
Let me tell you...it really was the most spectacular production of a traditional musical that I've ever seen. There were around 80 people in the cast. 80! Over half of which were kids. I mean, this really was exactly how you would expect to see a traditional musical. Not to mention the freaky-deaky things the sets did. For real, it was so extravagant that I was constantly shaking my head in disbelief. It was incredible.
I love things that are incredible, I love things that take my breath away, and I love things that surprise me. This did all of those things. I think that experiences like this are the ones that keep us going, that make us eager to follow our dreams and re-energize our creative ducts. Too idealistic? Well I don't care. That's how I feel after seeing the show tonight.
I've still got one or two more shows to see before London and I part ways and after taking the chance on this one and being left so utterly speechless, I am even more excited now to see what else the West End has to show me. Bring it on Brits!

No comments: