Tuesday, July 13, 2010

5 days

I've been in London for about five days now and I can say that I've learned a lot. But what has struck me today was more of a reinforcement of something I already knew: Take some time for yourself.
I am the type of person that likes to go, go, go, and that's what I've been doing here. I mean, I've seen Buckingham Palace, Henry the 8th's palace, the West End, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, and the Roman Baths all in five days. Also, we've been out walking around or going to pubs at night, trying to experience and see all that we can. So five days in, I am putting on the brakes. Tonight? Nothing. I will do nothing.
Of course we want to make the most of every moment we're here, but let's get real. I gotta take care of me. I need to chill out and relax so that when it all revs up again tomorrow, I will be rested. Rest is a good thing. Sitting and doing nothing, even in London, is a good thing.
So I don't have some sort of profound realization based on some Londonish ideal, but just to say that rest is good, London is good, and so is the fish and chips.

No comments: