Thursday, June 3, 2010

Swollen

I've been quiet for about four days now because my throat has been swollen shut. So every part of me that involves the sounds that come out of my mouth has been corked for four days. Needless to say, the pressure behind that cork is mounting. On top of that, I've got the most unnerving case of writer's block. So my other primary outlet is swollen shut too. And of course the two problems complicate each other.
What do I usually do to snap myself out of writer's block is get on a treadmill and sweat it out. But because I've been sick, I can't do that. I've started a few new projects but I can't make it past the first few sentences really.
So here I am. Writing about my inability to write. Watching a documentary about how Broadway shows get to the stage and realizing that I while I usually agree with film critics, I usually disagree completely with theater critics. Remember when Avenue Q beat Wicked at the Tonys? How ridiculous.

No comments: