Friday, June 4, 2010

I feel so proud

Plano, Texas made the national news today because one of its citizens was arrested for possession of pot. Just so happens that that citizen is none other than Chace Crawford, an actor on the show Gossip Girl and patron of my brother's gym off the tollway.
I laughed a little when I saw it, not because I'm heartless or anything, but because my first thought when I read that was, 'Well duh. Everyone that age in Plano has pot.'
So it's funny to me that he got caught. I mean really. People have to be smarter than the police. Especially in Plano where all the lights have cameras on them so the cops have nothing better to do than to bust rich kids who are hanging out in a parking lot with pot. So I don't feel bad for Chace in this situation. Either make better decisions or don't get c
aught making shady decisions.
I've never been arrested. No, I have been smarter than that (to date). The closest I've ever come to that was when I was in high school and we were on a toilet-papering spree one night and the cops pulled onto the street at the same time as we were just getting going on a house. Well we, being good Christian kids, ran like hell and hid where ever we could. It wasn't a great block for hiding on so I remember hiding underneath a car that was parked on the side of the street. I remember sliding underneath it inbetween the curb and the car and having to hide under there for a good long time. The cops drove by so slowly it was like they weren't even moving, and I remember at one point, they got out and walked up to where we had been "working," searching with flashlights. I guess we fooled them because they took off. Turned out, most of us (we were a pack) climbed out from underneath the cars lining the street.
The point of the story? No mug shots there. So it's too bad for Chace. Sounds like he needed a car to hide under. Either that, or the wisdom to spend his Gossip Girl money on something more useful like a Chia-pet or season of Frasier.

No comments: