Wednesday, June 16, 2010

801

When was the last time you ran through the sprinklers? I think for me, it was elementary school, around 20 years ago...until this weekend.
I began my 27th year on this planet this weekend and that night, after all the food, the fun, and making smores outside on the fire pit (for real and they were gourmet even), we headed to the park to take self indulgent pictures of ourselves. After visiting one park and having to jet because of some shadiness, we found a park that I've been going to since I was in junior high. It just so happens that the sprinklers in the park were on (because conservation of water is important kids so water your lawn at night). Yes. Yes we sure did take off into those sprinklers. Yes, we acted 7 on my 27th birthday. And yes, it was wonderful.
It's okay to act like a kid every now and then. Kids don't give a crap about anything except having fun. As we get older, we get so bogged down with responsibilities and things we have to do. Not to say that we should act like children all the time, that would be asinine. But it's okay to let go and run through Times Square or take a picture every 3 steps in the Gaylord Texan or run through the sprinklers of a closed park at midnight. It's life and it only happens once. I say go for it.

No comments: