Friday, May 14, 2010

Oh-wee-ay

You know, I don't tend to get hyper-spiritual on people because that doesn't do anyone any good, but I can't let this one go unsaid.
It's no shocker that I'm in college and as most college students, I don't have a flush bank account to do whatever I want with, but I feel like I've done pretty well with budgeting and mapping out my finances these past two years. Having said that, the tail end of this semester fell apart in a big bad way. Money I was planning on coming in didn't and it threw a great many things into a tailspin.
Tailspins can be exhilarating except when they have to do with car trouble or financial issues. So since this fell into the category of the later, I was a mess.
It's not that I don't have a good head on my shoulders or anything, and I can usually roll with the punches, but there are so many more variables in my life than there are constants and so to say I'm on edge is an understatement. (A very wisdomous man said "Life keeps giving me lemons and I keep lemonade, but the problem is my lemonade tastes like shit." I won't tell you who said that)
But yesterday, I got a check in the mail that I wasn't expecting and it happened again today, meaning that I not only have the cash to pay for the things I need to be able to pay, but I also have the ability to go get coffee...and with it, an absolutely defining sense of self.
So my tailspin leveled out a bit and I feel like I'm flying again. The wings are wobbley, but I'm flying none the less. I said I don't do the hyper-spiritual and that's true, but I also know that it wasn't a coincidence that this money came in for me. I don't believe in coincidentals. I don't really believe in fate either, but maybe I do. Maybe I believe in fate a little bit. But I know that J.C was lookin out for me on this one. See? That wasn't like a spiritual-rager. Nah. That's just factual. And I couldn't be more thankful that my tailspin finally caught a breeze.

You remember Tailspin? The animated show that would air in the afternoons? It had a fantastic theme song? It aired before Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers? Good times.

No comments: